Simple Things July 15, 2012
- Flowers, but especially daisies; they are such happy flowers!
- Dogs and cats…really ANY animal
- Hummingbirds drinking from the feeders I have out
- A clean kitchen sink…weird, I know, but it makes me happy!
- Fresh sheets (dried outside, of course) on my bed
- Turning on the radio and hearing a GREAT song
- A cool shower after a hot day
- Seeing leaves fall in autumn
- Being near a body of water…ocean, lake, creek…
- Looking at beautiful art
- Rain…I LOVE a rainy day
- Old buildings…they have such history!
- Sitting by the fire pit on a cold day
- Getting a message from someone special
- Capturing a great photo
- Reading a good book; one that leaves me with a satisfied feeling when I finish reading it
The Perfect Daisy April 1, 2012
While on vacation, I stayed the night in a small village in Nova Scotia. It was a glorious little place, with lots of local character. It had rained that night, and the raindrops still clung to the world the next morning as I set off for an early morning walk. That is when I came across this beauty, just growing casually by the side of a little gravel road.To me, the daisy is one of the most beautiful flowers in the world. It is stunning in its simplicity.