I am fortunate to live in a part of the world where we have distinct seasons. Each one holds something special and has a place in my heart.
1. Endless Possibilities: A feeling leftover from childhood, but summer seems to hold the promise of so many possibilities. Want to go swimming? No problem. Grow flowers that call out to the butterflies, or vegetables to place on your table? Go for it. Want to create crafts with the little ones all day? Plenty of time for it. With longer, warmer days, summer is the perfect time for everything you ever wanted to do.
2. Warm Temperatures and Cool Dips: If you like warm days by the pool or on the beach, summer is the perfect season. I’m not a fan of super hot days, but I do enjoy the warmth of the sun on my body as long as I can take a cool dip in the water. This makes for a perfect contrast on a perfect day.
3. Summertime Bargain Shopping: Again, conditioned by my school years followed by years of taking my girls shopping, I love the sales the stores have in the summer! On the hottest of days, there is nothing better than slipping into a favorite (air-conditioned) store and finding a hot bargain!
4. Explorations: Summer has always been a time when I enjoy exploring something new. From something big, like the motorcycle trip I took to Nova Scotia, to something small, like checking out the new used bookstore in town, summer holds new adventures. Summer has always been a season of discoveries, both large and small.
5. The Promise of Autumn: By the end of the long, hot summer I am ready for a change. I know that soon autumn will arrive, and I can appreciate the glorious colors, the crispness of the air, and the tartness of fresh apples.