Thank you seems too small, but what else can I say? Thank you to Sara for the nomination! Sara, who has become such a beacon of light to many of us, took the time to honor me. She has a beautiful soul that I hope one day she can see for herself. Her courage and grace astounds me everyday and encourages me to keep going.
So, these are the rules, as I understand them:
1) Thank the nominator
2) Link back to them
3) Copy and paste the award logo
4) Nominate five other bloggers for the award
5) Tell my readers 10 random facts about me
#1, 2, 3: check. Now for number 4: My nominations. These are some other friends who I have found that make the world a better place every day. I want to thank them for writing, creating, and sharing.
Now for the 10 random things about me….
1. I am a lefty living in a right-handed world. Like with most things, I have adapted and hardly notice anymore…but I always notice other lefties!
2. When I am out somewhere watching people walk by (at the park, the mall, etc.) I make up wild and random stories about them.
3. I once dressed in a gorilla costume at work, and walked around greeting people. For no particular reason.
4. I could leave the people in my life easier than I could the dogs in my life. My dogs mean the world to me.
5. I didn’t speak my first word until I was 2 years old.
6. When I get hot while I am sleeping, I stick one foot out from under the covers and it cools me off.
7. I have horrible allergies in the spring. Grass hates me.
8. I have two favorite times of the day. The first one is before sunrise, when I drink my coffee and have the house to myself. The second is late at night, after everyone else is in bed, when there is a quiet and calm after the day is over. Unfortunately, I have to sleep, so I can’t have both of my favorite times in one day.
9. I have a terrible fear of….mice. I can handle snakes, alligators, bats, spiders, or anything else, but if a tiny mouse runs across the floor I turn into a shrieking maniac on top of the nearest table.
10. One of my favorite pastimes is drawing house plans. I like drawing different versions of my dream house, which is actually a very small cottage in the middle of the forest (in the mountains, near water, of course).